A brilliant session from a brilliant band
Ted’s Records favourites Royal Chant have a new single out, “Sight For Sore Eyes” (a split with the equally excellent Wasters), so in celebration of this – and it is worth celebrating – I was delighted when they let me drag them up the top of the observatory hill above Sydney Harbour to do the first ever Ted’s Records acoustic session.
We recorded three on the day only for the howling wind to destroy too many bits of the third one, but hearing them do “I Can’t Make It On My Own” and “Dick Move” acoustically – as opposed to the hundred-mile-an-hour party of the live versions – was a rare treat.
As well as the single (which you should buy), they’re playing on May 28 at the Captain Cook in Sydney (which you should go to) – but there’s also a ton of other dates too:
- Saturday May 28: Captain Cook Hotel (Paddington) w/Twelve Point Buck + Tim Smyth & HolyTrash
- Sunday May 29: Electric Sundays Town Hall Hotel Balmain w/Wasters + Ides Of Space + Tim Smyth & Holy Trash
- Wednesday June 8: Pier Clarence (Port Macquarie)
- Friday June 10: The Bearded Lady (Brisbane) w/@The The Bear Hunt + Wasters + Mudshadows
- Saturday June 11: Mazstock (Lismore)
- Thursday June 16: The Lass O’Gowrie Hotel
- Friday June 17: Rad (Wollongong)
- Saturday June 18: Vic on the Park Hotel (Marrickville)
- Friday June 24: Sooki Lounge(Belgrave) supporting Phil Jamieson w/Tim Smyth & Holy Trash
- Saturday June 25: Shebeen (Melbourne) supporting Phil Jamieson w/Tim Smyth & Holy Trash
- Sunday June 26: Last Chance Rock & Roll Bar (Melbourne): (2 AM Late Show)
Anyway, loving this. Play and play again: